Thread: 450 Class Canopy mount screws

Bronze Member

450 Class Canopy mount screws

Does anyone have any good ideas as to how I can mount my canopy on my 450 class using thumb screws instead of the grommets like those setups on 500 class and above? I'm tired of having to replace grommets due to the fiberglass cutting into them. Plus, I would like to keep any vibration down that the canopy might be causing and this seems like a great start.

pinoydad

Re: 450 Class Canopy mount screws

i have found glueing a piece of rubber foam..3/4 inch think inside the canopy right where the hole is ..drill hole through it then just open the canopy just a little bit to slide over then rubber tingys ..then you'll never have a problem w/ those grommets again i promise ..the rubber i used is the one just like weather strps off of a car..its a rubber foam thing ..anything that is rubber will do i supose

Legendary Member

I have found that making the hole in the canopy a bit larger so the fiberglass wont cut the grommets helps. Also some soft foam with sticky backing on the inside along bottom of canopy where it sets up against the bottom of the heli
    helps with noise from vibration
    EXI250, 450V2, BL35X, 450M Hitec 5065s, 450 Pro BL35X 450M 3GX CC Bec Hitec 5065s Mavrikks KDBB, 500 500M 3G CC Bec Mavrikks KDBB, 550 3G 600MX CC Bec Pro 520 Mavriks KDBB, Velocity 50 55HZ-R, HR55 3GX CC Bec Pro 620 Mavrikks KDBB Extreeme, Vbar

some people glue the grommets on so they don't move.

Bronze Member

Wow! And I thought I was the only one that had a problem with this kind of thing.

Thanks guys!