PDA

View Full Version : Help !! 3GX problems

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I have everything hooked up but no lights on rx or 3GX? Do I have to bind this first or what? I am using a 2801 pro rx and 2801 tx

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't see any power being run to it.
How is it getting power?
Everything from your RX is signal wires.

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 03:11 PM
The esc is plugged into the 3GX in the throttle plug

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
And what powers the RX?

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
The purple wire goes to the throttle

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:17 PM
The purple wire goes to the throttle

That's a signal wire.
There's no power in that.
The other two pins are hot and ground for power.

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Here is a pic of the wire chart

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I see satellite RX's in that pic....Futaba has never had a satellite RX.
That is Spektrum and there is NO power going to the RX.

Even still,the 3GX should light up.

Yard Dog
08-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Afternoon JT. Lookin' at your pics, I don't see how your receiver is getting power. Looking at my 600 (w/ 3GX) manual. I think I see your problem. The following is from the manual. "Receiver power is achieved by connecting the 3GX "S.BUS/BIND" port to the BATT port on the receiver. Using the supplied signal wire." Was there a 3 wire double male servo lead in the kit?

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:26 PM
3. Receiver power is achieved by connecting the 3GX“S.BUS/BIND”port to the ch7 or BATT port on receiver using supplied signal wire.

Caution:The battery must be directly connected to the input of 3GX to ensure the adequate power of the servo. Please supply the receiver via 3GX Batt out.

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Too slow.lol...

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
You are the BIG DOG dog it is working now many thanks, I don't see that in the manual but thats doesn't surprise me, thanks again will proceed from here. And thanks to you to Mc.

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Do you have the 3GX program in your computer?
That's in the instructions there.

Yard Dog
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Cool Bro. 5525 Let me know how the setup goes. I'll be getting to that part with my 600 around mid week or so.
McK: Usually it's me that's a bit slow on the draw. Nice to win one finally. ;)

mckrackin
08-05-2012, 03:58 PM
The 3GX is forcing me to learn way too much about trouble shooting....I'm done with it.lol....

Vergnugenstabi here I come...Again.

jimtreg
08-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I haven't loaded it yet the disc is in but not downloaded yet, and I did find that in the manual now that I now what I was looking for, thanks again guys, now starts the fine tuning. If I run into trouble again I am sure you will hear from me LOL. :bow

mr dan
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
That was some great reading lol!
Now I'm really glad I never got an Align 3G or 3Gx system.. BeastX is so simple . Next on my hit list is the new MSheli's "Brain" FBL untit.

OSU-Buckeye
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Yes, yard dog is right, you have to use the special enclosed male to male three prong, colors white red and black. I messed up the same way my first time, had to put esc power to 3gx, then run the enclosed cable. If you are looking at the rear of the unit, it would go into the unit all the way in the bottom left, horizontal, under the vertical plugs. And the polarity from left to right, (looking at my 500 efl) is black red and white, so to be clear, black on the bottom left corner, and plug that power to the receiver and you will power right up ;D

oh sorry, you already figured it out lol, its not hard at all once you get your first setup done, its really quite simple, not going to take long at all doing my second 3gx with the 450 DFC or 550E, works nice too

OSU-Buckeye
08-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Let me know if you have any questions at all. More or less, you want to hook up to the pc in order to do your updates and see what version you have, im running the latest 2.1. other than that, it will fly great with default settings the first time, keep your pots on the unit around 11 oclock the first time. Setup is so simple, its basically plug in the battery while holding the button, you get green, green light
you will hit throttle hold and center your sticks, zero collective, etc
center your servos with subrim and level the swash, then you hit the set button, it remembers center
moves to the next setting, you will go all the way forward with elevator, you will see light blinking, memorizes that, hit set button
next you will tilt the chopper forward and back, make sure swash is moving to level the bird, if not move the stick till you get the opposite colored light, confirm leveling, hit set whenever it is moving correctly
next you move full right alieron, hit set
tilt alieron, left and right, make sure swash is leveling, if not move the stick to change light color, doulble check is leveling, hit set
lastly all lights will light up, red for inverted mounted, green for topside mounting, set, and your done :)

go through it a few times and so easy, you will have it memorized, can do it in the field if you want to level your swash, keep in mind your sticks are centered the whole time(throttle hold), the instructions on the 3gx program are very clear, say exactly what i just did more or less

jimtreg
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Buckeye, i have gone through all the settings and they all work until I get to the rudder limit setting then it will not set the limits, I move the rudder stick to the left then back to center but the light stays green, should go red to show it was accepted. I fI go on from there the rudder just starts to shake very fast. Any help?

nunyabizniss34
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Are you holding the rudder stick at the limit you want to set and waiting till the light turns red? It takes 2 or 3 seconds to register it on each side. So....go to the limit on one side, hold it there for 2 or 3 seconds till the light turns red, go to the limit on the other side and hold the rudder stick there again for 2 or 3 seconds till you get the red light, and it's done.

jimtreg
08-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I have tried that 10-15 times the light stays green, it will not accept the command for some reason. I have done this same set up on my GP790 d for the trex 250 and it works fine. I have even replaced the 3GX thinking it was bad but same thing, all goes fine but the rudder setup.

OSU-Buckeye
08-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey Jim. Try setting it to rate mode while you set the limits, make sure your not in heading hold. Start with the direction that is binding the most, and like Colin said, give it a few seconds. keep trying it should take.
And i dont know if it makes any difference, i have mounted both my 3G units on the Gel Pad, with either a zip tie or hook and loop tape and so far works real well can set my pots to at least 12 oclock and no shaking or wobbling in hover.
Do you have the torque tube compensation setting correct? At the end of swash setup, when all lights are green, inverted is red and right side up mount is green? Check this setting, setup your swash again real quick....oh and make sure you calibrate your throttle with 3gx too...try these

jimtreg
08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I have tried everything with this Buckeye, when I try to set limits I can not get the light to turn red, I move the rud to the stops and hold a few sec. the back to center then wait still no red, if I drop out of that mode the rudder works fine but if I restart the heli the rudder does nor move at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvCBNpl-QU&feature=youtu.be

OSU-Buckeye
08-11-2012, 07:22 PM
After your aileron movent, all the lights should come on, and you should set your torque tube compensation? You skipped that, yours should be, all green, all lights on on the bottom, with a green on the top for right side up mounted which you have, are you sure its set?
Then go into rudder, and when you set your limits, go all the way, then come back a little, i hear binding. If you come back slightly so you visually see it not touching, and you dont hear any binding, it should blink red then.

jimtreg
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
After I set the aileron and push the set button all the lights flash green, then status light goes green and the govern light is red, then I move into the rudder set up ans all goes fine until I get to limit then nothing works.

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I have tried everything I can think of accept changing TX & RX which is my next move. I am now using a 2801 pro tx & rx, if HeliDirect can not help getting this 3GX to work, they have already exchanged the 3GX for me, I guess I will have to order a DX7 or DX8 with AR8000 and see if that makes any difference. I am already over 900 bucks in this but if it won't fly it's worthless.

mckrackin
08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
If you go to get a new radio,get ahold of me.

I have a JR 9303 listed for $225 shipped/

mckrackin
08-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Are your rudder ATVs 100% in the radio?
They have to be to set limits.

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 11:50 AM
All ATV are at 100%. The rudder works fine in DIR mod bur as soon as you reset to normal mod no rudder, even in dir the rudder creeps to the right.

Yard Dog
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Mornin' JT, I am nowhere near being any sort of expert on this. And I could be way off base here. But I do have an idea. Bare with me a minute here. And I'll explain. First, Just so we can say we checked. Are you sure the tail servo, and gyro gain wires are in the proper slots on the RX? Now, I just had to install an external RX on my 600. Gyro wouldn't go into HH mode without it. So, after installing the RX. I powered it up, and immediately noticed the tail servo pegged. Didn't try any functions. I had everything working correctly before. So I knew it had to be something to do with the addition of the RX. I'd bound the 3GX to the TX earlier. But didn't bind the external RX. So I bound the RX to the TX using an aux. 5v power source plugged into one of the other channel slots on the RX. That cured the problem. So I'm wondering if you ever bound your RX to the TX. After installing the power jumper from the 3GX to th RX? Bro. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. Just tossing an idea out there.

Yard Dog
08-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Oh, Another thing. Manual says if your tail servo isn't using 50% or more of it's travel on each side. The limits settings will not be saved. YD

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 12:37 PM
No I did not bind the RX to TX how would I go about that, the only open port I have on the RX is Aux 3.

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
If I am not using 50% of the servo travel how do I correct that, I have a very short servo arm on now, bur this servo has a lot of travel.

Yard Dog
08-12-2012, 01:16 PM
What I did for the binding. Was plug the bind plug into the bind port of course. Then put power to any of the other ports. I used a 5v (4-AA battery pack) with a servo plug. Then went through the normal bind procedure.

As for the servo travel. You could A: Use a shorter horn. Or B: move the link ball in one hole.

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
It must be bound because it all works while it is in dir mode.

OSU-Buckeye
08-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey Jim, i was reading the in 3gx program, about where you tell it which way the unit is mounted, torque tube compensation as they call it, its at the end of the Rudder setup. Still wondering if you have the green light for this setting, very last step in the rudder program when all the lights are lit. Before i was thinking it was at the end of swash setup, but its at the end of the rudder programming. You probably have it set right, cant think of what your problem is, stinks. :(

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes that is the delay light it is green, I just read on youtube that some gyros do not like the 2801 rx so if HeliDirect can not help then I will send the 2801 back and buy a DX7 and AR8000 and hope that works. That fact that everything seems to work while it it is set up mode accept limits. And as long as I leave it in rate mode, if I put it in HH the rudder locks up.

OSU-Buckeye
08-12-2012, 08:19 PM
There is a setting after delay. Thats the one im refering to.

And by the way, which firmware version are you, if you can, try updating to the latest 2.1, then re set it up...

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
What setting is there after delay? As far as firmware do I get that from the disc? And do I have to plug the 3GX into the computer for that?

OSU-Buckeye
08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
After delay is the torque tube compensation setting, like i was saying. You can read it in the end of the rudder setup in the 3gx program, its there, i too skipped this step on my first setup. All green lights light up on the bottom, and on top left you either have green or red. Green tells it, that its mounted right side up like you have, red says its mounted under or upside down.

jimtreg
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
The light on mine is green, that light also tells you if you are in rate mode=red or HH mode=green

tangran
12-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Hello .

I have the same issue. I figured out that the s.bus connection should be inverted and pluged into the RX. Any idiea why the motor always spins up no matter if it is 0 throttle (trins are all lower as possible)
my tail servo sometimes goes all right and doesnt travel...

thanks!

jimtreg
12-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Have you set all the end point limits as per instructions, and throttle hold should be -10. what tx are you using?

jimtreg
12-21-2012, 07:18 AM
I solved my problem by changing to (2) Spectrum satilites and Dx8 tx, no problems after that, flys great. I think that the Walkera rx & tx was not compatible with system.

mmickels
12-21-2012, 08:15 AM
I solved my problem by changing to (2) Spectrum satilites and Dx8 tx, no problems after that, flys great. I think that the Walkera rx & tx was not compatible with system.

I wonder if the Walkera radio is analog.

tangran
12-21-2012, 08:23 AM
So there is no way to connect 3GX with walkera 2801pro tx/rx?
I've done almost everything, all servos works great.

Sometimes when the tail servo got stuck on the side (normaly left) I can throttle but cant stop.
All trims are setted to the lowest point
I've made the throttle range on 3GX but I don't know if the 3GX has saved...

tangran
12-21-2012, 08:27 AM
I followed the pictures that jimtreg had showed... everything fine so far

tangran
12-21-2012, 09:05 AM

I've seen a bunche of video on youtube with people flying their 3gx with wlakera 2801pro tx/rx
I wonder how they did end up doing such a miracle!!! hauahuhaua

I sent some message to them.

Here is what I've done so far.
1. wired up all acording to jimtreg pics.
2. the s.bus port I plugged the wire but in the receiver I've inverted the position that fit into BATT
3. pluged all servos into 3GX
4. 3GX starts up normally, I've made the basics setups also rudder setup.
5. done with the throttle limit range (dont know if 3gx saves correctly the range)
6. tested all the "balance" of the 3GX to check if it's correctly correcting the swash
7. check all the trins and subtrins on TX
8. ok. I'm in panic because I paid total 850 USD to use 3GX and APS lol

Some times the rudder servo stuck on left

jimtreg
12-21-2012, 09:58 AM
So there is no way to connect 3GX with walkera 2801pro tx/rx?
I've done almost everything, all servos works great.

Sometimes when the tail servo got stuck on the side (normaly left) I can throttle but cant stop.
All trims are setted to the lowest point
I've made the throttle range on 3GX but I don't know if the 3GX has saved...

Mine was doing the same thing, I would go through all the setups and when I was through it go back as if I did nothing, all servos would work except the rudder, it would just lock over to one side and stay there. If there is a way to set up the Walkera I couldn't find it, as you can see by the postings that I tried everything, then switched to Spectrum and all was perfect immediately.

tangran
12-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I've seen a bunche of video on youtube with people flying their 3gx with wlakera 2801pro tx/rx
I wonder how they did end up doing such a miracle!!! hauahuhaua

I sent some message to them.

Here is what I've done so far.
1. wired up all acording to jimtreg pics.
2. the s.bus port I plugged the wire but in the receiver I've inverted the position that fit into BATT
3. pluged all servos into 3GX
4. 3GX starts up normally, I've made the basics setups also rudder setup.
5. done with the throttle limit range (dont know if 3gx saves correctly the range)
6. tested all the "balance" of the 3GX to check if it's correctly correcting the swash
7. check all the trins and subtrins on TX
8. ok. I'm in panic because I paid total 850 USD to use 3GX and APS lol

Some times the rudder servo stuck on left

Ok thanks Jim, I will keep searching little more.

If I find the solution I will spread the world LOL